Mortgage Continuing Education
Complete your required continuing education online. Available 24/7 from the comfort of your home or office!
Having trouble keeping up with all of the recent changes in the renewal procedures for your mortgage license? We understand, state and federal requirements continue to evolve and you must evolve with them. Not to worry, here at Donaldson we have simple solutions to your license renewal and continuing education needs.
Donaldson is approved to offer all continuing education required by the NMLS to renew your mortgage license. Schedule your course today and avoid costly penalties and fines!
Continuing Education Requirements
Every state-licensed MLO is required to complete at least 8 hours of NMLS approved education annually beginning the first year after they are licensed (see chart below). Annual CE education must include 3 hours of Federal law, 2 hours of ethics (which shall include fraud, consumer protection, and fair lending issues), and 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending, plus one additional hour of undefined education (referred to as an elective). Number of hours is 3/2/2/1 = 8
Am I required to take Continuing Education this year?
If I completed PE in 2009 or 2010 and I was approved for a license in 2010 am I required to complete CE in 2011? YES
If I completed PE in 2009 or 2010 and I was approved for a license in 2011 am I required to complete CE in 2011? NO
If I completed PE in 2011 and I was approved for a license in 2011 am I required to complete CE in 2011? NO
Classroom CE Courses
DONALDSON’s 8 Hour SAFE Comprehensive: Compliance in Action 2018
*meets all NMLS and OFI education requirements for 2018 renewals
Want to actually get something out of your continuing education course, not just survive the process? We understand, which is why our mortgage continuing education courses are developed and instructed by industry leaders with up to date topics, industry trends, and of course legal updates to make sure that anyone who attends a Donaldson class gains valuable knowledge to succeed next year! This year, topics covered in class include:
• Identify how to implement and use the TILA, RESPA, and ECOA regulations in daily business transactions to protect consumer and their investments.
• Describe Regulation X and Z regulation enforcement and disclosure requirements.
• Identify how certain regulations govern ethical behavior in the mortgage industry, including TILA, RESPA, BSA, AML, GLBA, and FACTA.
• Describe prohibited MLO actions based upon ethics-based regulations.
• Describe the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering Act’s regulations financial institutions must meet to protect against fraudulent monetary schemes.
• Review the Guidance on Nontraditional Mortgage Product Risks and the
• Statement on Subprime Mortgage Lending, including the mortgage standards advised by these documents.
• Identify the characteristics, benefits, and risks of various nontraditional loan products.
• Identify the key requirements of mortgage lending regulations and the enforcement actions that will follow violations of these laws and acts.
This live mortgage class is available in the following locations:
- Northshore Area
- Baton Rouge
- Shreveport/Bossier City*Private Classes Available – Call us for details!