Life, Health, and Accident Insurance Pre-License Course
Life Health and Accident Schedule
You may now take your Life, Health, and Accident Course completely online! No need to come to class, you can take the course at your own pace from the comfort of your home or office.
DONALDSON is the only name you need to know in Insurance Licensing Education! We are licensed by the Louisiana Department of Insurance and have been successfully training insurance licensees for over 20 years!
In order to sell insurance in Louisiana, a person must obtain a license from the Louisiana Department of Insurance. The Life, Health & Accident Producer License authorizes you to sell life, health, disability and long term care insurance, annuities, and related coverage. .
Applicants are required to attend 40 hours of pre-license education, apply to PSI for a license, and pass the licensing examination. This is where DONALDSON and our legendary Customer Service Representatives will make the process quick and easy, takes care of the details, and make sure you get licensed in as short a time period as possible.
A Step-By-Step Licensing Guide
1. Complete Donaldson’s classroom or online pre-license certification course specifically designed to prepare applicants for the license exam.
2. Submit your license application online at www.nipr.com. If the license you wish to obtain requires you to take an exam, submit your registration form and fees to PSI. If the license you wish to obtain does not require you to take an exam or you are otherwise exempt from examination, contact the LDI for more information.
3. Contact PSI to schedule an exam and fingerprinting appointment.
4. Study for your exam using the skills and materials presented in your Donaldson pre-license course. Make sure to study the PSI test outline as it serves as a guide for the information which will be included on the test you are taking.
5. Take the scheduled exam bringing required identification to the test center. You will receive your results immediately after the exam.
6. Once you pass your exam, have your fingerprints scanned at a PSI test center. After the Department evaluates the fingerprint results and authorizes the issuance of your license, PSI will produce, print and mail your license to you.