Appraisal – USPAP Courses
USPAP – It’s the Law
All Real Estate Appraisers must comply with USPAP regulations in accordance with the Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery and Enforcement Act of 1989. State Appraiser Certification and Licensing Boards; Federal, State, and Local Agencies; Appraisal Services; and Appraisal Trade Associations require compliance with USPAP. This Brochure contains information about both Pre-License & Continuing Education USPAP Courses.
About the 15-Hour USPAP Certification Course for Pre-Licensing Credit: Course 103
Now available as an online course!
The 15-hour National USPAP Course is a comprehensive course that covers the fundamentals and applicability of Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP). This course has been developed by The Appraisal Foundation and approved by the Louisiana Real Estate Appraisers State Board of Certification as the required course for 15 Hours of Pre-Licensing Credit. This is the USPAP material that students will have to learn to pass the USPAP Section of the Appraisal Examination.
Only instructors approved by the Appraisal Qualifications Board (AQB) may teach the USPAP course. Topics covered in The USPAP
15 Hour Pre-Licensing Course includes:
- History, Professionalism, Valuation Services, and Appraisal Practice
- Definitions and Rules
- Standard 1 – Real Property Appraisal, Development
- Standard 2 – Real Property Appraisal, Reporting
- Standard 3 – Appraisal Review, Development and Reporting
- Standards 4 and 5 – Real Property/Real Estate Appraisal Consulting, Development and Reporting
- Standard 6 – Mass Appraisal, Development and Reporting
- Standards 7 and 8 – Personal Property Appraisal, Development and Reporting
- Standards 9 and 10 – Business Appraisal, Development and Reporting
- Statements on Appraisal Standards and Advisory Opinions
- Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines
- Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Bulletins
About the 7-Hour USPAP Certification Course for Continuing Education Credit Course 104
Course 104, The 7 Hour USPAP Continuing Education Course focuses on the changes to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP). It also addresses sections of USPAP that have not been changed but have been identified as problem areas. This course is intended to fulfill the 7-Hour requirement as established by the Appraisal Qualifications Board (AQB) of the Appraisal Foundation.
The 7 Hour USPAP continuing education course is offered as an online course. To register for the 7 hour USPAP update course, click here:
We also offer USPAP courses in Metairie and Baton Rouge – Call for Upcoming Dates!
Registration / Information
Greater New Orleans Area
(504) 456 – 1785
Statewide Toll Free