Step 1: Register for your classroom or online Property & Casualty Pre-Licensing Course
Refer to our Course Schedule at the top of this page. Or, you may register by calling one of our Customer Service Representatives at 456-1785 in the Greater New Orleans Area or Toll Free at 1-800-257-2741 for any one of our classes.
2. Submit your license application online at www.nipr.com. If the license you wish to obtain requires you to take an exam, submit your registration form and fees to PSI. If the license you wish to obtain does not require you to take an exam or you are otherwise exempt from examination, contact the LDI for more information.
3. Contact PSI to schedule an exam and fingerprinting appointment.
4. Study for your exam using the skills and materials presented in your Donaldson pre-license course. Make sure to study the PSI test outline as it serves as a guide for the information which will be included on the test you are taking.
5. Take the scheduled exam bringing required identification to the test center. You will receive your results immediately after the exam.
6. Once you pass your exam, have your fingerprints scanned at a PSI test center. After the Department evaluates the fingerprint results and authorizes the issuance of your license, PSI will produce, print and mail your license to you.