MORTGAGE CONTINUING EDUCATION
2019 Mortgage Continuing Education Courses – Now Approved!
Course Title: SAFE Comprehensive: Compliance in Action 2019
CLASSROOM CE COURSES
DONALDSON’s 8 Hour SAFE Comprehensive: Compliance in Action 2019
*meets all NMLS and OFI education requirements for 2019 mortgage license renewals
Want to actually get something out of your continuing education course, not just survive the process? We understand, which is why our mortgage continuing education courses are developed and instructed by industry leaders with up to date topics, industry trends, and of course legal updates to make sure that anyone who attends a Donaldson class gains valuable knowledge to succeed next year!
This year, topics covered in class include:
- Truth in Lending Act, including disclosure requirements, APR regulations, and the consumer’s right of rescission
- Timing and tolerances of loan disclosures under RESPA and TRID
- Important regulations highlighted within the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, the Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act, MARS Rule, and the Homeowners Protection Act
- Methods in which identity theft is committed and how it can be prevented in the mortgage industry, including protections offered from the FCRA, FACTA, GLBA, and the Red Flags Rules
- Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering Act prohibitions implemented to prevent money laundering in the financial industry.
- Key regulations within the National Do Not Call Registry, Mortgage Assistance Relief Services Rule, and MAP Rule
- Components, guidance, and mortgage standards issued within the Guidance on Nontraditional Mortgage Product Risks and Subprime Statement on Mortgage Lending
- Characteristics, borrower requirements, benefits, and risks associated with certain types of nontraditional loan products
- Requirements and features of the programs replacing HARP, including eligibility and underwriting requirements.
Live mortgage classes are available in the following locations:
- Baton Rouge
- Shreveport/Bossier City
- *Private Classes Available – Call us for details!
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Every state-licensed MLO is required to complete at least 8 hours of NMLS approved education annually beginning the first year after they are licensed (see chart below). Annual CE education must include 3 hours of Federal law, 2 hours of ethics (which shall include fraud, consumer protection, and fair lending issues), and 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending, plus one additional hour of undefined education (referred to as an elective). Number of hours is 3/2/2/1 = 8
Am I required to take Continuing Education this year?
If I completed PE in 2009 or 2010 and I was approved for a license in 2010 am I required to complete CE in 2011? YES
If I completed PE in 2009 or 2010 and I was approved for a license in 2011 am I required to complete CE in 2011? NO
If I completed PE in 2011 and I was approved for a license in 2011 am I required to complete CE in 2011? NO
LIVE MORTGAGE CONTINUING EDUCATION SCHEDULE
Below is a list of the upcoming live classes being taught at our various locations statewide. To sign up, visit our store or click on a link below to register for that specific date!
All Live Continuing Education Course Offerings:
|8-Hour SAFE Comprehensive: Compliance in Action 2019|
To register for a Donaldson continuing education course, you may do so in one of three ways:
1. Call our office at 1-800-257-2741 and one of our friendly Customer Service Representatives will assist you.
2. To Register from this site, simply click HERE and select which courses you wish to take, if you order an online course you will receive your login instructions in minutes.
3. Visit our Metairie office and register for your courses whenever convenient for you.